My ongoing experiences with Ubuntu, and later Mythbuntu, as a media center with MythTV. I'm also using the system for a virtual machine server, a mediawiki server and a general all around home infrastructure base.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Updating Guide information

I let my zap2it subscription lapse and then my MythTV PC was off for a few days (power glitch while I was traveling) and I noticed that it was completely out of guide information. So I started by renewing my zap2it subscription (and noticed that after September 29th, another source would need to be found for guide information).

But still I wasn't getting new guide information after a couple days, so I wondered how to manually pull down new guide information. Poking around the net I found this link which gave the following command:
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete
Which I went ahead and added to the mythv crontab:
crontab -u mythtv -e
0 6 * * * /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete --quiet

No comments: