My ongoing experiences with Ubuntu, and later Mythbuntu, as a media center with MythTV. I'm also using the system for a virtual machine server, a mediawiki server and a general all around home infrastructure base.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

dbus-daemon: Rejected send message

Since my Ubuntu laptop upgrade to 9.04 I'm seeing the following messages every 10 minutes in /var/log/auth.log and in my logwatch emails:
dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=3697 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-
applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.1421" (uid=0 pid=22921 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON ")): 1 Time(s)
dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=3697 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.1422" (uid=0 pid=22923 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON ")): 1 Time(s)
dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=3697 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.1423" (uid=0 pid=22928 comm="/USR/SBIN/CRON ")): 1 Time(s)
Poking around the net I found this bug and in particular this comment. I applied the suggested fix:
# cd /etc/dbus-1
# cp system.conf system.conf.orig
# vi system.conf
# diff system.conf.orig system.conf
66a67,70
>
> > send_type="method_call"
> send_member="Get"/>
After that I tried restarting dbus ('/etc/init.d/dbus restart') but that resulted in logging me out, so I suggest just rebooting instead.

1 comment:

Osg said...

Hi,
A another way do to the job.
aptitude reinstall dbus
Regards