My ongoing experiences with Ubuntu, and later Mythbuntu, as a media center with MythTV. I'm also using the system for a virtual machine server, a mediawiki server and a general all around home infrastructure base.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

sftp subsystem dying

I tried to open a nautilus bookmark of a sftp session to my server today and it closed immediate with a "Could not open location 'sftp://vwelch@host' ssh program unexpectedly exited' message.

Running a sshd in debug mode on the server and I saw the following:
subsystem request for sftp
debug1: subsystem: exec() /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
So for some reason my sftp-server subsyst is immediately failing. No idea why. Will update here when I figure it out.

2 comments:

Richard O'Brien said...

Guess you never figured it out?

Von Welch said...

@Richard Sorry, no I haven't gotten back to this.