My ongoing experiences with Ubuntu, and later Mythbuntu, as a media center with MythTV. I'm also using the system for a virtual machine server, a mediawiki server and a general all around home infrastructure base.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

MythTV and disk management

Just a quick note that I've watched MythTV manage the disk space I've allocated it and it seems to do a good job without any help from me. Logwatch sends me a daily email with the disk allocation, so I watch how MythTV handles things. I have allocated two disks partitions to MythTV, and while they are constantly almost full (with logwatch giving me the warning you see below), MythTV deletes old stuff deletes old recordings before anything becomes a problem.


--------------------- Disk Space Begin ------------------------

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
...
/dev/sda6 183G 170G 3.0G 99% /mnt/data
/dev/sdb3 220G 203G 6.6G 97% /mnt/data2

/dev/sda6 => 99% Used. Warning. Disk Filling up.
/dev/sdb3 => 97% Used. Warning. Disk Filling up.

---------------------- Disk Space End -------------------------

No comments: