My ongoing experiences with Ubuntu, and later Mythbuntu, as a media center with MythTV. I'm also using the system for a virtual machine server, a mediawiki server and a general all around home infrastructure base.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Installing TweetDeck on Ubuntu

I was interested in a Twitter client I could use cross-platform so I decided to try out TweetDeck. Here's my install process on Ubuntu.

I started by installing Adobe Air:
% wget http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/latest/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
% chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
% sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
Then I went to install TweetDeck. I could not get it to work from the TweekDeck homepage (I would click on the download button but nothing would happen), but it did work for me through the Adobe site. The installer ran and it just worked.

It did mention it would install Adobe Air in the process, so it is possible I could have skipped the first part of this post.

No comments: